As if you didn’t already know this: America doesn’t have two parties, but one, big, obscene party. Today it was the Republican’s who protested a rare, Obama regulatory lapse: Omigod! The Obama administration is not enforcing obscenity laws against the porn industry.
After Attorney General Eric Holder recently shut down the Obscenity Prosecution Task Force, [Orrin] Hatch derided the move Friday in a statement to Politico.
“Attorney General Holder told the Judiciary Committee last year that this task force was the centerpiece of the strategy to combat adult obscenity,” Hatch told Politico. “Rather than initiate a single new case since President Obama took office, however, the only development in this area has been the dismantling of the task force. As the toxic waste of obscenity continues to spread and harm everyone it touches, it appears the Obama administration is giving up without a fight.”
If the Big, Obscene Party continues in its wastrel ways, pretty soon, the porn industry will be the only one standing. Although the work of porn is done lying down, the industry, I believe, is still standing thanks to the support of the American consumer.
Leave consenting adults to their own depravity.
